Sunday, October 20, 2013

Finished: the Icelandic pullover Sátt

Finally I'm finished with the lopapeysa (Icelandic pullover) for my Dad which I started knitting two months ago! (I think I am a slow knitter ... But knitting a bulky yarn pullover with a lighter yarn doesn't speed up a project either ...)
I really like this pullover and hope it will fit him (it is supposed to be a christmas present). Furthermore, I found the perfect picture-taking background for it: on the barb wire fence close-by a row of differently coloured wool pieces has been snagged (from the sheep going in and out under it).
I might have a good photographing day today. Here you go:
Sátt lopapeysa on the fence accompanied by small balls of white and brown sheep wool.

Close-up of the pattern. You also may call this photo: Pullover as integrated part of the landscape. (Arty, arty!)

I hope it will fit my Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment